Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Why he's just so loveable!

So Cooper got a new toy this weekend, and he seems to be quite smitten with it. It makes me so happy to see him run around gently cradling it in his mouth. What is it? Well... it's an Awful Mean Kitty... the orange one on the top! I got it because my sister's yellow lab has had the Big Mean Kitty (the purple one!) for several years now and the toy has been indestructible. It has a squeaker inside, but it's subtle so we don't have to take it away during TV time!

Like I said, he loves it. Yesterday morning, I was leaving for work and there he stood in the back door, staring at me, with kitty dangling from his jowls, giving me that, "Please don't leave me here alone" look. It broke my heart, and THEN... the little bugger ran around to the front window to torture me (kitty STILL in mouth) as I drove away to work. I wish I had taken a picture, because I swear he's perfected the Catholic Guilt Manipulation face.

So I sat at work all day, thinking about "poor" Cooper, locked up in the house, all alone... snuggled up on our couch.... and decided it was time for a trip to the beach after work. The trip was perfect. We got to the park just in time to meet up with Una, Jake and puppy Grace. After rolling in the mud and chasing sticks, we all headed to the beach for a nice winter swim! Cooper did his best to be the Alpha male. It makes me laugh to hear him growl... he really thinks he's the world's toughest Golden.

We got home, had some dinner, and then it was time to curl up on the couch together. The ride in the truck and play time with his furry friends wiped the poor guy right out. He passed out next to me and could barely move at bedtime. It was just too damn cute.

3 Comments:

At 1/31/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Adam said...

HA! Its almost comical to see a Golden growl. I think they do it just to maintain their street cred.http://static.flickr.com/11/88071327_1c284e58b5.jpg?v=0

 
At 1/31/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Woops...i meant street cred.

 
At 2/01/2006 8:49 AM, Blogger Chickenhawk said...

That is one seriously vicious Golden... don't mess with her bone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home