Friday, April 07, 2006

The Bathroom... an Update

So we've been working on the bathroom remodeling project for quite some time now. It's been quite a debacle really. It all started out so simple, and like any home improvement project, the scope is way out of control. Luckily we're doing it all ourselves or else this would have turned into a Contractor's wetdream.

Anywho...

We're *almost* there. All the demo is done (obviously!) and so is the framing, the wiring, the plumbing, and the sheetrock. That means one thing, time for paint, which means we actually had to pick a color. A color that we could agree on. For those of you who know me and Brian, this is no simple task. We picked a color last week, a very dark hunter green, and then painted the walls. I wasn't crazy about it (and you'll see why from the pictures below), but I went along hoping maybe the tile would save it. It didn't. I hated it more. As you can see from the photos below, it was dark. Very dark. Way too dark. And like I said, I hated it. It was great color, just not for a bathroom. Or my bathroom, at least!





So I went and picked a new color on Wednesday. Got it all painted up and I am much happier now. The new color, a soft slate blue, compliments the tile floor and vanity, instead of competing with them. I've got pictures to show you the new and improved wall color... and of course, Cooper the Ham had to get in at least one of them!

I apologize for the poor photo quality... all I had was my camera phone. But who cares, a pictures a picture and from what I hear they are worth a 1,000 words anyways!

So now it's on to the trim work, installing the toilet, the clawfoot tub and the light fixtures. We should get our CO by June!! LOL!

1 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Cooper just wants to know when his new water bowl will be ready.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home