Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I lose stuff.

That's right. I am horrible about losing things. I misplace my keys and cellphone on a daily basis. I lose my wallet/debit/credit cards on a weekly basis. Sunglasses don't tend to last more than a few months (unless they are a nice pair of Oakley's and then I don't lose them... Brian steals them!). The point is, I've very absent-minded and can't be trusted with much.

Brian bought me a very nice digital camera a few years ago. I was so good about keeping it in one spot. Well, up until about 7 months ago that is. I last used the camera on a family outing down in Baltimore. I remembered vividly that last pictures I took with it. And then *poof* the camera was gone. No where to be found. I spent all of November, December, and a good part of January in complete denial about the camera. Brian would ask to use it, and I'd say, "Oh yeah, it's in my desk at work. I'll bring it home tomorrow." It was a white lie. The camera wasn't at work, but I just wasn't ready to hear it from him. He nags on me about losing stuff and I just didn't want to hear yet. I don't know when, but sometime early this Spring, I finally did it. I broke my silence and admitted the unthinkable, "Brian, I have no clue where the camera is. It's lost. I've looked everywhere and it's gone. Just let it go. I'll buy a new one soon." It became a big joke for him. He told everyone. Told them how much I suck with personal belongings. Told them, "I lose EVERYTHING." Well, apparently not everything because I seem to find my way home every night. Duh. So anyways... he's been relishing the fact that he has something major to hold over my head.... well, that was until HE did the unthinkable... and actually lost something himself.

Oh, what was it? Oh, not something small and insignificant. Nope. It was a $350 Craftsman wrench/socket set. He couldn't have lost a screwdriver, or a measuring tape. Nope, the whole damn set, case and all. I have to be honest and tell you all that as much as I'm pissed about the $350 setback... I'm LOVING every minute of this. As I told him, "Now we're even. Let the camera go, pal." So here we are, about $800 in the hole because we now have to replace a camera AND a tool-set, but at least the score is even, right?

OH but wait because this story does have a happy ending! We were having a minor "disagreement" about the misplacement of items in our household last night, and Brian actually attempted to blame ME for the missing tools! I had an idea about where they might be... so I ran to the downstairs (ie. JUNK) closet to see what I could find. No tools... but I did find an old purse I don't use anymore. I opened it up to see if I had someehow left $100 in it... no money...

but there was the missing camera! HOLY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! YAHTZEE!!!!!!!!!! I have no clue how I hadn't check there sooner, but at that point, I didn't care. The prodigal camera had finally come home and it was time for Mama to celebrate! I proceeded to do a little victory dance all around the kitchen, which I imagine was quite a sight given my swelling pregnant form! It was joyous. It was relief. I'm not a loser anymore, for now at least. We don't have to buy a new camera... but that still doesn't solve the tool-set caper.

The really good news is that I can finally take pictures/video clips of Cooper catching the frisbee.

1 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 11:34 PM, Blogger Kathie said...

Hmm feels good to have the upperhand now, huh? hee hee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home