Monday, May 15, 2006

So sad...

So I think I'm finally (not that I'm complaining!!) starting to experience some true pregnancy-hormone induced mood swings. Not bad, considering I'm almost 7 months into this adventure. I have to say that I'm really glad that it's just starting now because I don't think I (or Brian!) could have handled a full 9 months of this crap.

I was so moody this weekend. It was ridiculous. Brian, bless his heart, did the best he could. Poor Cooper was so skittish around me because he wasn't sure what to expect. It was awful.

Add to that, I'm now having problems falling and staying asleep at night. I woke up last night at 2:30 in the morning, and freaked out because I couldn't hear Cooper breathing. I got out of bed, and sure enough he wasn't in our room!?!? Where could he be? Instantly, I thought, "OMG, I forgot to let him back in last night!" I ran downstairs calling his name, only to find him asleep on the couch! Then, those damn hormones kicked in... and I started crying because I realized that he was sleeping down there because I left the dismantled crib right smack dab in the middle of the rug he sleeps on! I felt horrible. I sat there crying and telling him how sorry I was. It was pathetic. I brought him back upstairs and promptly began moving the crib to another part of the room. Poor Brian woke up, all confused, "What the heck is going on?"

All I could say was, "I'm pregnant. I'm going crazy. Please go back to bed!"

I woke up this morning and found Cooper sleeping soundly in "his spot"... surrounded by his toys! That made all the late night insanity worth it for me.

3 Comments:

At 5/15/2006 11:26 PM, Blogger Kathie said...

That sounds like me sometimes when I have had too much to drink. Hang in there. And don't cry in front of me because then I'll just crying too. Besides Brian, I am sure Cooper understands! :-)

 
At 5/19/2006 3:10 PM, Blogger misc said...

Who are you? So I won't be at your shower this weekend, but my gift will be. Now pop this thing out and let's have a drink.

 
At 5/19/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Chickenhawk said...

donna - I couldn't agree more. I need a drink... or maybe a hundred.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home