Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Goodbye 20s, Hello 30s!

It's official... 6/6/6 has come and gone, and so have my 20s. The D-day Bicentennial Baby has hit the big 3-0. It was much more uneventful that I had always expected. Don't get me wrong, it was a perfect birthday... I played hooky from work, spent the day hanging out with Mom at the local day spa, had an incredible lasagna dinner (courtesy of my wonderful husband), and topped it off with a big hunk of ice cream cake... but the reality is, it came it went just about like every other birthday. There was no brimstone and fire (like one would expect on 6-6-6), there were no tears or wailing (like you'd expect from a hormonal pregnant woman who's leaving her 20s behind)... nothing. All those things that seemed so scary, turned out to be nothing at all.

It was just a nice relaxing day, that I spent with my family and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Well, it did end with a flaming case of heartburn, but what day hasn't ended like for the past 2-3 weeks? Thank you Baby.

I'd say "Leg Up!" but that would be quite dangerous for a woman in my condition... doh!

2 Comments:

At 6/08/2006 10:44 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Aww, happy birthday "Evil One." Just wait...those AARP fliers will be coming soon!

Can't wait to see pictures of the little hormone maker!

 
At 6/20/2006 1:01 AM, Blogger Kathie said...

Yeah moving into the next decade really was no biggie. I love it actually! Welcome to the club! Leg up!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home